JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: The Jharkhand Public Service Commission has released the notification for the Jharkhand Combined Civil Services Exam 2023. A total of 342 vacancies have been announced for various posts like State Tax Officer, Excise Inspector, Probation Officer, and more. Candidates should make sure they are knowledgeable about all of the syllabus’s subjects and Exam Pattern.
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern
The official website provides the JPSC Exam Pattern 2024 for both the preliminary and main sections of the Jharkhand Combined Civil Service Examination. Candidates preparing for the exam should review the subjects to improve their chances of selection. To help candidates with their studies, we have included every subject. Prelims and Mains are the two different sections of the JPSC Exam Pattern. Exam questions will focus on candidates’ basic understanding of Indian geography, history, and culture, with a particular focus on the state of Jharkhand.
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern for Prelims 2024
There are two essential papers in the JPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2024, and all of the questions are objective. Similar to the UPSC, the Prelims exam consists of two General Studies exams. Candidates must fully understand the JPSC Syllabus 2024 to pass the exam. The main subjects and sections of the preliminary examination are as follows:
- All questions will be of the objective type.
- Every paper is worth 200 marks and takes two hours to complete.
- For the applicants to be eligible for the exams, their scores must be higher than the minimum qualifying marks and the cutoff marks.
|General Studies I
|General Studies II
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Prelims GS Paper 1
|History of India
- Ancient India
- Medieval India
- Modern India
|Geography of India
- General Geography
- Physical Geography
- Economical Geography
- Social & Demographic Geography
|Indian Polity and Governance
- Constitution of India
- Public Administration and Good Governance
- Decentralization: Panchayats and Municipalities
|Economic and Sustainable Development
- Basic Features of Indian Economy
- Sustainable Development and Economic Issues
- Economic Reforms and Globalization
|Science and Technology
- General Science
- Agriculture and Technology Development
- Information and Communication Technology
|Jharkhand Specific Questions
|General Awareness of its History, Society, Culture and Heritage
|National and International
|Mainly Current Events
- Human Rights
- Environmental protection, Biodiversity & Climate change
- Disaster Management
- Poverty and Unemployment
- United Nations and Other International Agencies
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Prelims GS Paper 2
|History of Jharkhand
- Governance of Munda
- Padaha Panchayat
- Majhi Pargana
- Munda Manki
- Dhoklo Sohor
- Jaatiya Panchayat
|Movement of Jharkhand
- Tribal of Jharkhand
- Freedom Fighters of Jharkhand
- Nobles of Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Movement and Formation of the State
|Specialty of Jharkhand
- Social status of Jharkhand
- Cultural status of Jharkhand
- Political situation of Jharkhand
- Economic condition of Jharkhand
- Religious characteristics and identity of Jharkhand
|Culture of Jharkhand
- Folk Literature
- Traditional Art and Folk Dance
- Folk Music And Instruments
- Places Of Interest: Natural, Archaeological, Historical, Religious, and Modern Sites
- Tribal-Caste-Species and Characteristics
|Land laws of Jharkhand
- Chotanagpur Tenancy Act (C.N.T.)
- Santhal Pargana Tenancy Act (S.P.T.)
- Other State Bills Act
|Other Jharkhand GK
- Jharkhand Literature and Writers
- Major Educational Institutions of Jharkhand
- Sports of Jharkhand
- History of Economic Development in Jharkhand after 1947 and Geography of Jharkhand
- Industrial Policy, Displacement, and Rehabilitation Policy and other policies of Jharkhand
- Names and Locations of Major Industry and Industrial Development in Jharkhand
- Major Schemes and Sub-plans of Jharkhand
- Forest Management and Wildlife Conservation of Jharkhand
- Facts Related to Environment of Jharkhand state, Environmental Change, Mitigation and Adaptation, and related topics
- Disaster Management in Jharkhand
- Miscellaneous Facts and Current Affairs Related to Jharkhand
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern for Mains 2024
The Combined public Services Examination is conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) to fill a variety of civil service posts within the state of Jharkhand. The JPSC Mains exam consists of six exams, two of which are qualifying. The following is a complete Exam Pattern for the JPSC Mains exam:
- There are six papers in the JPSC Mains Examination.
- Three hours are allotted to each paper.
- Candidates must achieve higher than the minimum qualifying marks and the cut-off marks to be eligible for the exam.
|General English and General Hindi having 2 sections of 50 marks each.
|Language and Literature (to be chosen from 15 listed languages)
|History and Geography
|Indian Constitution and Polity, Public Administration and Good Reforms.
|Indian Economy, Globalisation and Sustainable Development
|General Sciences, Environment, and Technology Development
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Mains Paper 1
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Mains Paper 2
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Sanskrit Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Nagpuri Language and Literature
- Mundari Language and Literature
- Bengali Language and Literature
- Oriya Language and Literature
- Khortha Language and Literature
- Khadia Language and Literature
- Kurux Language and Literature
- Ho Language and Literature
- Panchpargania Language and Literature
- Kamali Language and Literature
- Santhali Language and Literature
- Urdu Language and Literature
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Mains Paper 3
|History of Jharkhand, etc.
|Physical and Human Geography
|Natural resources of India ( Utilization & Development)
|Geography of Jharkhand ( Utilization of its resource)
|Industrial and Urban Development, etc.
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Mains Paper 4
|Indian Constitution and Polity
|The Basis Structure and Salient Feature of the Indian Constitution
|Fundamental Rights and Duties
|Directive Principles of State Policies
|Center-State Relations, etc.
|Public Administration and Good Governance
|Public and Private Administration
|Union Administration and State Administration
|District Administration and Personnel Administration
|Good Governance and Human Rights
|Delegation & Bureaucracy, etc.
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Mains Paper 5
|Basic features of the Indian economy
|Agriculture and rural economy
|Indian Trade, Balance of Payment
|Public finance and Public expenditure
|Indian monetary system and its structure, etc.
|Sustainable Development, Indian Development Strategy, and Economic Issues
|Economic Development and Sustainable development
|Development status and problems related to socially and economically marginalized sections
|Poverty and Unemployment
|Economic Reforms taken
|Food and nutritional security
|Nature and Impacts on the Indian Economy
|Globalization of the Indian Economy
|Reforms made in the financial and banking industry
|New economic reforms
|Industrial development and economic reforms in India
|The Economy of Jharkhand
|Economic growth and present structure of the economy of Jharkhand
|Demographic features of Jharkhand
|Land, Forest, and Environmental problems in Jharkhand
|Poverty status, Unemployment, Food security, Malnutrition, and education
|Reforms, Health indicators in Jharkhand, etc.
JPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern: Mains Paper 6
|Basic understanding of unit systems such as MKS, CGS, and SI
|Topics on Speed, Gravity, Velocity, Mass, Weight, Force, Power, Work, and Energy
|Topics related to the solar system
|Sound concepts, wavelength frequency, infrasonic and ultrasonic sound, etc.
|Theories on Human Evolution, etc.
|Different Agro Pattern of Jharkhand
|Soil fertility of Jharkhand
|Government Schemes, etc.
|The Air and Water Act
|Forest Conservation Act
|Global Environmental Issue
|Concepts of Ecology, Biodiversity, etc.
|Science and Technology Development
|National Policy of Science & Technology
|National Health Policy
|Computer and its Information
|Biotechnology, Nuclear Energy, Satellites, etc.
JPSC Civil Services Exam 2024: Important Links
Follow on Facebook
By Team Learning Mantras