CLAT Exam: The Consortium of National Law Universities will start the registration process for CLAT 2023 in the month of October (tentative), one of the most sought-after entrance exams beyond engineering and medicine. The Consortium of National Law Universities will start the online registration process for the CLAT 22023 Exam expectedly in the first week of October 2022.
CLAT Exam 2023: Important Dates
The Consortium of National Law Universities will start the online registration process for the CLAT 22023 Exam expectedly in the first week of October 2022.
For more details on the application-related important events and details, refer to the table below:
|CLAT 2023 Application Form begins from||October 2022|
|The CLAT Registration process ends on||November Last Week 2022|
|Form Correction window opens from||November Last week 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Exam Date||18 December 2022 (Announced)|
CLAT Exam Eligibility 2023
You must make sure to satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling the CLAT Application Form 2023. If you fail to meet the eligibility criteria, you will be debarred from the procedure of recruitment without any further notice or intimation. We have also included a comprehensive comparison between CLAT PG vs CLAT UG to help you in CLAT Admission Test.
The eligibility will be measured considering three major factors as mentioned below:
- Age Limit: As per the updated guidelines, there will be no upper age limit for UG Program. However, the minimum age limit should be above 17 years.
- Educational Qualification:
- If you belong to the General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories, then you must have secured 45% marks in the Senior Secondary School Examination/ 12th Board Examination.
- Those belonging to SC/ST categories must have secured 40% marks in the 12th standard.
- Nationality: As per the official notification, Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for the CLAT Exam 2023.
CLAT Exam 2023 Application Fees
The following table has the CLAT 2023 application form fees details for all the categories:
|SC/ST/ BPL candidates||3500|
|General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates||4000|
|Question Paper Fee (if opted)||500|
CLAT Exam Pattern
In the CLAT UG exam, you will be tested on English, GK, Logical Reasoning, Legal Aptitude, and Quantitative Ability. In the CLAT PG, you will be tested on mandatory subjects of the undergraduate program and including Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
|Fields||CLAT PG||CLAT PG|
|Total number of questions||150||120|
|Total number of marks||150||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)||Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)|
Weightage for CLAT Exam Pattern 2023 (UG)
As per the CLAT Syllabus 2023, you will be mainly tested on five subjects: English Language, Current Affairs, including General Knowledge, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.
Check out the table below to know the number of questions asked from each section in the CLAT exam.
|Subject||Number of questions||Percentage weightage|
|English Language||28-32 questions||20%|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35-39 questions||25%|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions||25%|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions||20%|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions||10%|
Prerequisites for CLAT Registration 2023
You must check the below-mentioned documents required to upload while completing the CLAT online form 2023.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- ID and address proof with proper details mentioned (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card)
- Residential address for communication
- Personal mobile number
- An official Email ID. The Consortium will send necessary communications to this email.
- Passport-size photograph with a plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category
- Relevant PWD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Relevant BPL certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
CLAT Exam: Important Links
|CLAT UG/PG PYQ PDFs||Click Here|
|CLAT Exam Date||Click Here|
|CLAT Exam Admit Card||Click Here|
|CLAT Exam: Best Books for Preparation||Click Here|
|CLAT Exam Result||Click Here|
By Team Learning Mantras