Highest Peaks in States of India: India is home to a diverse range of landscapes, including mountains with some of the highest peaks in the world. Each Indian state has its highest peak, and these peaks vary in height and geology.
Highest Peaks in States of India
K2: 8611 metres
- The highest peak in Indian subcontinent lies between Baltistan and Xinjiang
- It is the highest peak in the Karakoram
Kangchenjunga: 8586 metres
- The third highest summit in the World
- Also known as the ‘five treasures of snow’
- Lies in Himalayan Mountain Range
Nanda Devi: 7816 metres
- Ranked the 23rd highest peak across the world.
- The Nanda Devi National Prak, located in vicinity to the peak, consists of the best high altitude flora and fauna.
- This is the highest peak located entirely within India
- It is a part of Himalayan mountain ranges (Garhwal)
Kamet: 7756 metres
- It is located near the Tibetan Plateau
- It is located in the Garhwal region
Saltoro Kangri: 7742 metres
- It is located near the Siachen Region.
- The Saltoro Kangri is ranked the 31st highest independent peak in the world
- It lies in Saltoro range (a part of Karakoram Mountain range)
Saser Kangri: 7672 metres
- Located in Ladakh.
- This mountain peak is the 35th highest mountain peak in the world
- It lies in Saser Muztagh range (an easternmost subrange of Karakoram Range.)
Mamostong Kangri/Mamostang Kangri: 7516 metres
- It is located near Siachen Glacier
- It is the 48th independent peak in India
- It is the highest peak of Rimo Muztagh range (a subrange of Karakoram range)
Rimo I: 7385 metres
- The Rimo I is a part of Rimo Muztagh, a subrange of Great Karakoram range.
- It is the 71st highest peak in the world.
Hardeol: 7151 metres
- This peak is also known as the ‘Temple of God’
- It is one of the oldest summits in the Kumaon Himalaya
Chaukhamba I: 7138 metres
- It is located in the Garhwal district of Uttrakhand.
- It is a part of the Gangotri Group of Garhwal Himalaya ranges
Trisul I: 7120 metres
- The name of this mountain peak is taken from the weapon of Lord Shiva.
- It is one of three mountain peaks located in the Kumaon Himalaya in Uttrakhand.
List of Mountains in India with States
|Arma Konda||Eastern Ghats||Andhra Pradesh||1680 m|
|Kangto||Eastern Himalaya||Arunachal Pradesh||7060 m|
|Someshwar Fort||West Champaran District||Bihar||880 m|
|Bailadila Range||Dantewada District||Chhattisgarh||1276 m|
|Sonsogor||Western Ghats||Goa||1166 m|
|Girnar||Junagadh District||Gujarat||1069 m|
|Karoh Peak||Morni Hills||Haryana||1467 m|
|Reo Purgyil||Western Himalaya||Himachal Pradesh||6816 m|
|Parasnath||Parasnath Hills||Jharkhand||1370 m|
|Mullayanagiri||Western Ghats||Karnataka||1930 m|
|Anamudi||Western Ghats||Kerala||2695 m|
|Dhupgarh||Satpura||Madhya Pradesh||1350 m|
|Kalsubai||Western Ghats||Maharashtra||1646 m|
|Mount Iso||Senapati District||Border of Manipur and Nagaland||2994 m|
|Shillong Peak||Khasi Hills||Meghalaya||1965 m|
|Phawngpui||Saiha District||Mizoram||2157 m|
|Mount Saramati||Naga Hills||Nagaland||3826 m|
|Deomali||Eastern Ghats||Odisha||1672 m|
|Guru Shikhar||Aravalli Range||Rajasthan||1722 m|
|Kanchenjunga||Eastern Himalaya||Sikkim||8586 m|
|Doddabetta||Nilgiri Hills||Tamil Nadu||2637 m|
|Doli Gutta||Deccan Plateau||Border of Telangana and Chhattisgarh||965 m|
|Betalongchhip||Jampui Hills||Tripura||930 m|
|Amsot Peak||Shivalik Hills||Uttar Pradesh||945 m|
|Nanda Devi||Garhwal Himalaya||Uttarakhand||7816 m|
|Sandakphu||Eastern Himalaya||West Bengal||3636 m|
By Team Learning Mantras