SSC CGL Selection Process: The commission has revised the selection process for SSC CGL exam last year. Now the exam will be conducted in two tiers only, which are further categorized into different sessions and modules. In order to clear the exam candidates should have a thorough understanding of the selection process and formulate a preparation strategy accordingly. Take a look at the selection process of SSC CGL below.
SSC CGL Selection Process
SSC CGL 2023 Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
1.1 Tier-I: Computer-Based Examination (Qualifying in nature)
1.2 Tier-II: Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- All candidates who have applied successfully for SSC CGL exam, will be assigned Roll numbers and Admit Card for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I).
- Based on the marks scored in Tier-I, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
- Separate cut-offs will be released separately for Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Tier-II Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I, II and Paper-III. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-II and Paper-III respectively.
By Team Learning Mantras