Methods to Assist Infertile Couples: Infertility is inability of getting pregnant despite unprotected and frequent intercourse for at least a year. Infertility may be caused due to some problem in either male or female. It can also happen due to several other factors like stress.
Methods to Assist Infertile Couples
- Test tube babies: This involves in-vitro fertilization where the sperms meet the egg outside the body of a female. The zygote, hence produced, is then transferred in the uterus or fallopian tube of a normal female. The babies produced from this method are known as test tube babies.
- Gamete Intra fallopian transfer (GIFT): It is a technique that involves the transfer of gamete (ovum) from a donor into the fallopian tube of the recipient female who is unable to produce eggs, but has the ability to conceive and can provide right conditions for the development of an embryo.
- Intra Cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): It is a method of injecting sperm directly into the ovum to form an embryo in laboratory.
- Artificial insemination: In this the donor is involved which donates its sperms. These sperms are transferred to the female vagina.
- Medical procedures: Certain medical procedures both in male and females like removing tissues that cause infertility.
|JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNELS|
|Biology Quiz & Notes||Physics Quiz & Notes||Chemistry Quiz & Notes|
By Team Learning Mantras