Important Computer Related Terms: Computer awareness is one of the most crucial skills in the modern world. Having computer knowledge plays an important role in the modern workplace. Candidates preparing for bank exams and other competitive exams can check the detailed Computer Knowledge syllabus at the linked article and start their preparation for the upcoming exams. A basic introduction to Computer Awareness has been discussed in detail in the video given below. Aspirants are advised to have a look at the video to get a better and engaging review of the concept.
Important Computer Related Terms
Operating system (OS): the software that manages computer hardware and software resources, providing common services for computer programs.
- CPU (Central Processing Unit): the main component of a computer that performs most of the processing tasks.
- RAM (Random Access Memory): a type of computer memory that is used to temporarily store data and program instructions for quick access by the CPU.
- Hard disk drive (HDD): a data storage device that uses spinning disks to store and retrieve digital information.
- Solid-state drive (SSD): a type of data storage device that uses flash memory to store data and has no moving parts, resulting in faster access times and improved durability compared to traditional HDDs.
- Motherboard: the main printed circuit board in a computer that houses the CPU, memory, and other important components.
- Graphics processing unit (GPU): a specialized processor designed to perform complex calculations needed for rendering images, videos, and other graphics-intensive tasks.
- Network interface card (NIC): a hardware component that enables a computer to connect to a network and communicate with other devices.
- Firewall: a security system that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic to protect a computer or network from unauthorized access.
- Antivirus software: software designed to detect, prevent, and remove malicious software (malware) from a computer or network.
- Cloud computing: a technology that enables on-demand access to shared computing resources, including software, storage, and processing power, over the internet.
- Virtualization: the process of creating a virtual version of something, such as an operating system, server, or storage device.
- Algorithm: a set of instructions or rules designed to solve a problem or perform a specific task.
- Programming language: a formal language used to write computer programs.
- API (Application Programming Interface): a set of protocols, routines, and tools for building software applications.
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language): the standard markup language used to create web pages.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): a stylesheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in HTML or XML.
- Database: a collection of data that is organized in a structured way, allowing for efficient storage, retrieval, and manipulation of data.
Server: a computer or program that provides services to other computers or devices on a network, typically over the internet.
By Team Learning Mantras