Homogametes: In some organisms, such as Algae, the gametes are so identical that it is very difficult to identify them as male and female. Such gametes are known as homogamete or isogametes.
- These gametes are similar in appearance.
- They are also called Isogametes.
- They have the same morphology and behavior.
- The two gametes are equal in size and dimension and thus cannot be distinguished.
- There is no such naming of the male and female gametes here.
Human females can also be called Homogametic since, they have similar pair of sex chromosomes- XX.
|JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNELS
|Biology Quiz & Notes
|Physics Quiz & Notes
|Chemistry Quiz & Notes
By Team Learning Mantras