Guttation: It is the process of secretion of water droplets from the pores of some vascular plants like grass. It is often confused with dew droplets that condense from the atmosphere onto the plant’s surface. The liquid of guttation comprises a variety of inorganic and organic compounds which mainly include potassium and sugars. A white crust remains on the leaf surface.
Mechanism of Guttation
- It occurs during nighttime.
- Water lost in guttation is rich in minerals.
- Water is lost as a liquid.
- The process takes place through hydathodes.
- It is an uncontrolled phenomenon.
|JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNELS|
|Biology Quiz & Notes||Physics Quiz & Notes||Chemistry Quiz & Notes|
By Team Learning Mantras