Absorption in Different Parts of Digestive System – Class 11 | Chapter – 16 | Biology Short Notes Series PDF

Absorption in Different Parts of Digestive System: Absorption is a process by which nutrients pass from the alimentary canal into the blood and lymph through its mucous membrane.

GENIUS 2023

Absorption in Different Parts of Digestive System

Nutrients to be absorbed:

Amino acids, monosaccharide’s, fatty acids, glycerol, salts (electrolytes), vitamins and water are to be absorbed.

Site of Absorption:

About 90% of all absorption of nutrients occurs in the small intes­tine, the other 10% occurs in the stomach and large intestine. Some water and salts, alcohol, some drugs such as aspirin, and moderate amounts of sugar are absorbed in the stomach.

Water and products of bacterial digestion (amino acids and vitamin В complex and vitamin K) are absorbed in the large intestine. Thus absorption mainly occurs in the small intestine.


JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNELS
Biology Quiz & Notes Physics Quiz & Notes Chemistry Quiz & Notes

Follow on Facebook

By Team Learning Mantras